Saturday, October 15, 2011

Tackle Pockets - Outside the Box

TACKLE POCKETS

I don’t own or intend to own any more tackle boxes. As I only fish for a particular species at a time, I go out pre-rigged for that species. And having done this a zillion times before, I don’t carry around a lot of junk that I don’t need.

A small knapsack pack does the job much better than fumbling around in the dark trying to find a swivel or hunk of lead. One roll of the box and nothing is where it’s supposed to be anyway.

The swivels and any lead I might need go into an outside pocket. The rigs go into the pack. My clippers go into a pocket along with a pair of needle nose pliers and a penlight.

As I usually fish with two rods, I don’t need to take a step in any direction. I don’t need to take my eyes off the second rod. Excluding the rigs, an arm’s length away, uncoiled and ready, my whole night of rigging is in my pockets.

No comments:

Post a Comment