Saturday, October 15, 2011

Anecdote - Doc's Remedy

DOC’S REMEDY – TIGER & THE CURSE

And so I gave Doc the whole story of what happened over the last nine months – the whole spiel – the plan to make money to buy a boat to catch big stripers, the death of Artie, Barnacle Annie, and since Annie gave me the triple bad eye, I’ve lost the desire to fish and all want to do is chase bimbos and dance. I gave him the whole spiel.

When I finished I looked at Doc as he sat back in the deck chair, lit up a fresh Havana and said, “I can help you catch the big fish, and I can enlighten you to the facts about the relativity of men, women and fishin’ as it applies to life on earth, but you’re goinna have to take are of the triple whammy your own self.”

After blowing a few perfect smoke donuts, he squinted one eye and said, “Three are only two kinds of people roaming this planet – the Dreamers and the Dreamless. The Dreamers are able to envision a goal, and then do what it takes to achieve that goal. They don’t give up no matter what, and so they get to live the dream.”

“The Dreamless just go around screwing up everybody else’s dreams, so as I see it, you’ve got a dream, and you got a lady friend who wants to stop you from living your dream. She needs a very powerful dream. One that she can achieve and be happy. So if you want that hundred pound bass on the wall, you have to help her create that dream. Because if she decides to live that dream, she’ll be too damned busy to mess with yours.”

Then he introduced me to Tiger, Bubbles’ twin sister, who sports her own 31 Bertram, Man Eater.

No comments:

Post a Comment