Saturday, October 15, 2011

Shedder Scent - Don't leave home without it

SHEDDER SCENT

Fishing at night I discovered that the main sense in finding food in these conditions is the sense of smell. They say ninety percent of sex is smell, and that’s certainly true when it comes to eatin’ and fish are no different. Which brings me to Shedder Scent.

Used wisely and liberally, Shedder Scent will bring in fish from hundreds of yards away, and once drawn to the bait, the rest is up to you.

My favorite method of use is to find an old heavy coffee cup, find a spot where the container won’t be kicked around, fill it with about two ounces of Shedder Scent and dip the bait in it each time you let out a cast. I find the spray bottles too slow and sloppy, although they are fine for ells and other live bait – mullet or bunker.

You don’t put it on like perfume, the more of this stuff you put on the bait the more fish you’re going to catch. I used to take a bath in it until the supply almost ran out last summer. A quiet panic spread quickly as the supply of this magical fluid disappeared from the shelves of the bait & tackle shops. Rumors were rife, bottles of this blood of fishing life were rationed and the smiles of hope were replaced by looks of gloom until the distributor was located to be sure the stock of Shedder Scent would continue to flow.


I know I offend those unknowing class of public society with my appearance and smell, which of course a couple days of sweat and essence of Shedder Scent as a cologne will do. I am very liberal with the stuff, and after a hard night fishin’ I’m literally covered with it. But this is hard core fishing at its best, and the only thing I would change is I would like to buy it by the 50 gallon drum.

Shedder Scent. Don’t leave home without it.

No comments:

Post a Comment