Saturday, October 15, 2011

Fishing Is Fun

FISHING IS FUN

There has been a rumor going around for as long as I can remember that fishing is fun. Frankly, I’ve never heard anything as stupid as that.

Fishing isn’t fun, catching fish is fun.

There's no art or science to fishing. The art is knowing how to catch fish.

To those who have convinced themselves that fish are smarter than them, those who enjoy spending a lot of time and money to sit on or around the water and watch in awe as other people catch fish, well excuse me folks, but I have a hell of a lot of more fun catching fish than watching others catch them.

I’ve never finished high school, so I’m not a rocket scientist. I figure my IQ is somewhere in between a sanitary engineer and a junk yard parts technician, but in all my years I’ve figured out how to do one thing right – and that’s catch fish.

The only difference between those of us who catch fish and those that don’t is one key word – OpenMindedness. I was born into a fishing environment, which would have meant nothing if I hadn’t kept an open mind to learn.

Hopefully, you will find that if you follow in my footsteps and learn from my mistakes, misfortunes and rewards, you will save time and money and experience the fun of catching fish yourself.

You will find that with a small investment – for about $150 you can have the basic necessities for hours of Quality Fishing with tangible results.

I’ve caught more fish than anybody else in these parts, not because I fish more. The reason I catch more fish is simple – I work at it.

My homeport is the Great Egg Harbor bay, river and the inlets around Ocean City and Somers Point, New Jersey, and most of my fishing is between Long Beach Island and Cape May – the South Jersey Shore.

There’s hardly a puddle of water around here without something scaley swimming around in it, and there isn’t a cubic foot of it within casting range that doesn’t have a fish in it at some time or another.

To catch them on a routine basis takes knowledge, preparation, good equipment, the right bait and proper timing. A fishing trip should be planned like a well rehearsed military operation, and in the end you’ll complete your mission and have fun, if catching fish is what you consider fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment